Apple has released a new software update for AiPods models, especially AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro.
Apple has released a new software update for AirPods wireless headset models. Accordingly, AirPods 2, AirPods 3, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max models received the update with the code 4C165. Apple released the latest AirPods software update three weeks ago.
What is AirPods software update 4C165, how to install it?
Apple has released a new software update for AirPods models. With this update, AirPods 2, 3, Pro and AirPods Max upgraded to 4C165. Unfortunately, Apple does not disclose how it makes fixes or improvements with AirPods software updates. These details emerge from the experiences of the users.
Apple does not share details about AirPods software updates
To get software updates for Apple AirPods models, you need to connect the headset to your iOS device. Accordingly, the steps you need to follow are as follows:
- Connect your AirPods or AirPods Pro to your iOS device.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap general.
- Tap About.
- Tap AirPods.
- Look for the number next to “Firmware Version”
How to update AirPods?
As we mentioned above, Apple does not allow you to manually update your AirPods. Actually, there is no way to update them manually. Instead, updates are automatically installed when they are available. However, you can always check the firmware version of your AirPods (i.e. what the current update version is) at any time.
Perform the following steps to make sure your AirPods are getting updates.
- Place your AirPods in the charging case and plug in the charging cable.
- If you have a charging case that supports wireless charging, make sure it is charging.
- Put your iPhone or iPad, whichever you are actively using, near where the AirPods charge.
- You don’t need to take any other action. Your AirPods will automatically receive the latest updates.