She thought it was fruit puree and gave her hand sanitizer.

0

A mother warned parents to be careful around some products, after grandmother gave her baby a hand sanitizer to eat. A serious mistake, which the woman made because she thought it was a fruit puree due to the packaging of the product.

Logan, an 18-month-old baby son of Nikki Teixeira, explained that the baby “immediately turned red and started coughing” after consuming the “Trolls” disinfectant. Then he fell asleep.

The mother, originally from Manitoba, Canada, told Good Morning America that she bought the disinfectant for her 7-year-old stepdaughter to take to school.

“From the way it was packaged and displayed with the hand sanitizers, I didn’t even think it looked like food,” he explained. But taken out of that health context, it may seem so.

When little Logan ate some of the product, his grandmother realized what it was because he was “a little sleepy and beside himself.” He immediately called a neighbor and 911.

According to Texeira, the baby was half unconscious for a few minutes, although then he came to when the paramedics arrived and took him to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

The mother shared a photo of the Trolls World Tour gel pack on Facebook, warning parents not to buy the product.

“Please DO NOT buy these cute Wal-Mart hand sanitizer sachets that can easily be mistaken for a food sachet,” he wrote in a Facebook post.

“I am hoping to warn others about this misleading packaging. Ultimately, I’d like to see them off the shelves entirely. ”

The package contains a small warning that says: “Do not eat.”

Smart Care, the company behind the product, has recalled the item from stores, ABC News reports.

“As safety is our number one priority, we have swapped this packaging for our bottled hand sanitizer to eliminate any misconceptions or concerns,” the company spokesperson told the news outlet.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here