Finally, you will be able to try Sanji’s delicacies this December holidays
Have you ever craved a carnita like the one from One Piece? Thanks to the new pirate recipe book published by Viz Media, you can now prepare your favorite food, including the big chunks of meat from Monkey D. Luffy, the king of the pirates. We do not assure you that they will turn out the same as Sanji, but something is “something”.
This cookbook serves to celebrate the thousand chapters of the One Piece anime and its 96 pages were ‘written’ by Sanji, the cook of the Straw Hat Pirates. The fictional chef tries to bring each of the delicious foods seen in Eiichiro Oda’s original story into the real world.
In addition to the typical dishes, there are others that are inspired by characters, locations, and moments throughout One Piece. Lastly, don’t worry about the cost of the food, not all of them are as expensive as they might seem.
Surely, if you prepare any of them for Christmas or an inn, you will make a memorable party.
How to prepare the meat of One Piece?
One of the most recurring foods in One Piece is the piece of meat with bone that Luffy usually eats on any occasion. So, we will explain how to cook this delicious delicacy:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 of cup of ground bread
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 500 g. shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 egg
- Olive oil to taste
Steps to prepare One Piece meat
- Make ‘tulips’ with the chicken thighs. Use kitchen shears to cut loose meat from handle end of bone (A). Roll the meat off the bone until completely covered.
- Soak the bread crumbs in milk. Knead the mixture in a bowl, then add the bread crumbs and knead again.
- Fold the meaty end of the bone around a hard-boiled egg (B). If the meat doesn’t cover enough, add cuts to complete. With a little oil in your hands, coat both the bone and the egg with the breadcrumb mixture from step ② (C).
- Bake at 200 ° C for 15 to 20 minutes, and be careful not to burn.