Mike Ryan, General Manager of the World Health Organization Emergency Program, said the coronavirus vaccine will be available for at least 1 year. Speaking to the BBC, Ryan also said the virus could adversely affect middle-aged people.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, President of the World Health Organization, recently announced that the first vaccine studies for the new type of coronavirus have started. Although WHO did not explain about the possible release date of the vaccine, this process was expected to be considerably longer. At this point, WHO Emergency General Manager Mike Ryan made a statement about the possible history of the vaccine.
Saying that the vaccine will be found for at least one year in an interview with the BBC, Mike Ryan cautioned that the virus may cause serious harm in middle-aged people by drawing attention to the danger size. On the other hand, WHO President Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stressed that the virus may have adverse effects on young people in a statement made recently.
The coronavirus outbreak continues to spread across Europe:
The new type of coronavirus epidemic, in which Europe is now the epicenter, continues to adversely affect many countries, especially Italy. While 53,578 virus cases have been confirmed throughout the country so far, the number of people who lost their lives has increased to 4,825. At this point, Italy became the country with the highest number of people who lost their lives due to coronavirus by passing China with the addition of the latest death events.
The date of March 21 was the day we experienced the most loss of life due to coronavirus. Stating that the 12 patients who died were also elderly, Minister Koca also said that young people should warn the elderly to stay at home.