Sharing the final reports of the last 6 months with the press, Nintendo also officially announced how many Switch consoles it sold in total. Here are the numbers…
The financial report published by Gametsu, which contains information about Nintendo’s activities between October 2020 and October 2021, shows the total number of Switches that the famous Japanese company has sold to date. In addition, Nintendo also shared information about how many games were sold in total for the Switch.
Switch surpassed 92 million sales!
According to the financial report published by Nintendo, which includes sales figures for the second quarter of 2021, the company’s portable game console Nintendo Switch continues to sell like cheese bread, so to speak.
Accordingly, Switch, which has reached a sales figure of 3.83 million in the last 3 months, has left behind a total of 92 million sales. Wii, the 6th best-selling console in console history, had a total of 101.63 million sales. Nintendo Switch is expected to surpass the Wii in about a year.
Publishing the official figures about console sales, Nintendo also shared the sales figures of the games released for the console. According to the published list, the best-selling Switch game ever was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which sold 38.74 million copies. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is second on the list, and Super Smash Bros. is third. Ultimate is included.
Top selling Nintendo Switch games:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 38.74 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 34.85 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 25.71 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 24.13 million
- Pokémon Sword / Pokémon Shield – 22.64 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 21.95 million
- Super Mario Party – 16.48 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 13.83 million
- Splatoon 2 – 12.68 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 12.21 million
So what do you think about the sales figures of Nintendo Switch and its games? Can Switch’s sales increase in the new period? Do not forget to share your views with us in the comments section.