After the release of a documentary about Harry and Meghan on Netflix, royal gossip has gone beyond its popularity. It’s thanks to moves like Megxit, an interview with Oprah and a multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have infiltrated pop culture. Unlike where he is now, that is, in the Twitter meme library, the debates around Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and the royal family involve heavy topics such as racism and suicide, and are intended for serious discussions.
In the past few months, the royal family has been accused by blood of racism and disrespect for Meghan Markle. The documentary also suggests that Markle, when she was in dire need, did not receive proper psychological help. Given that the accusations lie so far on the wrong side of the moral scale, the question arises why the royal family did not respond. Are they really trying to prove that it’s all a lie and they don’t care? Liz Garbus definitely thinks so.
The director of “Harry and Meghan” accused the royal family of plotting against the documentary
The well-written Netflix documentary about Harry and Meghan was not the work of God, but the work of talented director Liz Garlus. Garlus, before becoming part of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s journey to expose the royal family, was known for the films “Love, Marilyn and What Happened?”. Miss Simone. The director not only passed on her excellent directorial abilities to the couple, but also supported them in an interview with Vanity Fair, saying that the royal family tried to “discredit” them.
“People are very happy to read everything about Harry and Meghan when it’s somebody else writing about them, But when Harry and Meghan want to tell their story in their own words, it suddenly becomes an issue.” – Liz Garbus #HarryandMeghanNetflix pic.twitter.com/fzP7mFiJea
— Dani P4L 🤙🏾 | 🐊 (@ArchLiliHazMeg) January 24, 2023
Disclaimer at the beginning of the documentary series answered the burning question of whether members of the royal family know about the content. The disclaimer reads: “Members of the royal family refuse to comment on the content of this series.”
Thus, making it clear that they are aware of the content, but refrain from commenting on it. However, refraining from any counter statements is not the only step taken by the royal family to make the couple’s statements look false.
I watched the last two episodes of the Harry and Meghan documentary last night. It sounded like she was scared for her life and Tyler Perry's house became a sanctuary. That's why columns like Jeremy Clarkson's are so dangerous. He wished her harm and meant it. He needs to go.
— Daniela Nadj (@DanielaNadj) January 18, 2023
Garlus says in his interview, “Buckingham Palace said we weren’t approached for comment [about the documentary series] when we were doing it.” The director further added: “They did it to discredit us… and by discrediting us, they can discredit the content of the show.”… We experienced some of those moments that were a bit like Alice Through the Looking Glass. All this, supplemented by Prince Harry’s comments in his memoirs, does not look very good for the royal family.
Do you think the royal family should make an official statement? Let us know in the comments below.