It was another busy day of news for Liverpool on Thursday, including news on the futures of Alexis McAllister, Mason Mount and Roberto Firmino.
Another Mac Allister Update
At the weekend, huge statements were received from Argentina that the deal to attract Alexis McAllister to Liverpool was “already completed.”
TyC Sports reported that the Brighton midfielder has signed a “multi-year contract” and that the Reds will pay “about 70 million pounds” for his services.
Two days later, this was followed by the newspaper La Nacion, which stated that the fee would actually be closer to 60 million pounds, with Mac Allister’s deal of 100,000 pounds a week tying him for five years with the possibility of another 12. months.
On Thursday, the German from TyC Sports, Garcia Grova, corrected the situation a little, as he reported that although the terms were agreed with Mac Allister earlier in May, the player was supposed to meet with Brighton to discuss his options in the afternoon.
“Mac Allister’s agents will put offers on the table,” he tweeted, adding that “the offer from Liverpool is the most solid and advanced.”
Of course, it is unlikely that any events will happen before the Premier League closes this weekend, although Brighton are already guaranteed to finish sixth.
Kelleher, Firmino and two central defenders!
- According to the Spanish edition of Sport, Roberto Firmino is in talks with Real Madrid about a possible move to the Bernabeu after the expiration of his contract. To be honest, he could be satisfied with a move to La Liga…
- Despite Jurgen Klopp’s statements that he will not be sold, Liverpool are “preparing for offers” for Kaoimhin Kelleher, while Tottenham, Brighton and Brentford are interested, David Lynch reports for Football Insider.
- A Bola called the Reds interested in the central defender Gonzalo Inacio from Sporting CP, who now seem to be open to negotiations on a structured deal in the area of his 45 million euro (39 million pounds) compensation point.
- Meanwhile, the German edition claims that Liverpool have inquired about the availability of Bayern Munich defender Benjamin Pavar, as their preliminary search for a new auxiliary central defender continues.
Around this is Enfield
- Mason Mount is now “leaning” towards a move to Manchester United, and not to Liverpool — with Chelsea’s new price tag of 85 million pounds, without a doubt, it still scares us away!
- Gareth Southgate has insisted Trent Alexander-Arnold has always been in his plans and hinted he could reprise his new hybrid role in the England national team.
- A peach of a free kick from Liverpool loanee Leighton Clarkson pushed Aberdeen into Europe — and now there’s a chance he’ll stay!
- Manuel Ugarte, who, according to the Portuguese press, is heading to Anfield, is now joining PSG amid interest from Chelsea, Tottenham and Villa.
Latest Liverpool FC News
- Liverpool Academy winger Ranel Young has signed his first professional contract with the club (LFC).
- Blackburn football director Gregg Broughton insists Tyler Morton was “chosen on merit” and not because of any clause in their loan agreement with Liverpool (Lancs Live).
- Having released seven players this summer, Liverpool Women’s Football Club has signed new contracts with Yana Daniels and Jasmine Matthews (BBC Sport).
Video of the day and match of the evening
On the anniversary of Istanbul, why not catch up with this story from Jerzy Dudek?
Tonight we can only watch one Manchester United vs Chelsea match live on Sky Sports at 20:00 (Moscow time).
If United lose — and this is unlikely, given Chelsea’s track record — the battle for the top four will reach the last day…
Get similar news bulletins about Liverpool Football Club every evening!
Informative and ironic review of the events of the day in LFC and the football world in general.