Match report: Arsenal 3-2 Manchester United


Manchester United suffered a heartbreaking defeat at the Emirates after losing 3-2 to league leader Arsenal.

Arsenal started brightly, Edegor blocked a shot in the first two minutes, which led to a corner that United knocked out.

Arsenal made some good moves forward, but United’s defence was ready for danger.

There were several tackles, Anthony was deprived of possession and wanted a free kick, but Anthony Taylor waved it away. Fernandes also felt that he should get a penalty, but VAR did not overturn the referee’s decision.

United made the breakthrough in the 16th minute when Marcus Rashford found his goal boots again, hitting them from 25 yards and finding the bottom corner.

However, the momentum did not stay with United, as Arsenal resisted and equalized in the 23rd minute when Djaka shot at the far post, where Nketiah was waiting to hit his head.

McTominay had a brilliant moment, a powerful shot from outside the penalty area, which was saved by Ramsdale.

After Shaw missed a penalty, Arteta received a warning for his reaction.

After the restart, Anthony made some good runs, but Arsenal covered him up.

It was the hosts who took the lead in the 53rd minute with a good forehand that clumsily bounced in front of De Gea and pressed into the far corner.

However, United quickly leveled off in an exciting game for neutrals! It was struck from a corner that was originally served by Arsenal, but Martinez dived his head, it was Arsenal’s defense.

No one wanted to lose, but no one wanted a draw either, and Arsenal were rushing forward again. United fought back, Eriksen blocked Edegor’s shot.

Saka almost got his second one, but he rattled the tree.

Arsenal were better as they maintained the intensity while striving to regain their lead.

United managed to win back a great game from Fernandez Weghorst, who played at Rashford. He was knocked down by Ramsdale, but the referee said it was a fair call.

Shaw knocked down Saku, who was awarded a free kick in the danger zone. He was jumping around the penalty area, and the shot was deflected by De Gea.

United struggled to hold on to this draw, and in the 89th minute Arsenal took the lead and Nketiah scored at the back post.

Woe to the United fans who had a difficult week after the derby.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here