Last year, Facebook announced a tool that allowed Facebook content to be exported directly to Google Photos. Limited to some regions, such as Africa, Asia-Pacific, United Kingdom and Latin America, the novelty is now available worldwide.
This is the first step in a program that aims to extend the functionality to other companies, the Data Transfer Program. It is not yet known when it will be possible to perform such a task on other platforms, but the initiative includes Microsoft, with the objective of connecting servers with open source code in an ecosystem that offers portability to users of the companies involved.
To start exporting and guarantee a simplified backup, just follow the step by step:
- Log in to Facebook and click on “Settings”;
- Select the option “Your information on Facebook”;
- Click on “Download a copy of your photos or videos”;
- On the screen that opens, click on the “Choose destination” option and select “Google Photos”;
- Choose the content you want to export;
- Confirm your Google Photos credentials;
- Confirm the transfer.