Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos could become the world’s first trillionaire in 2026, when he will be 62 years old. This is what a study by Comparisun, an American consultancy specialized in analyzing data from online retailers with shares on the stock market, points out.
According to the survey, only 11 of the 25 richest men in the world have a real chance of amassing a fortune of $ 1 trillion, at the rate of the day. And the closest to reaching this brand is the owner of Amazon.
Jeff Bezos’s fortune is currently valued at $ 138 billion. But his wealth has been growing at an average rate of 34% per year since 2015. In 2020 alone, he added another $ 28.3 billion to his equity, considering only the first few months of the year.
If this average growth continues, Bezos will become the planet’s first trillionaire in 2026, according to the consultancy. If he reaches the historic mark, he will have a fortune greater than the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of many countries.
See Comparisun’s list of candidates to join the trillionaires club:
- Jeff Bezos (Amazon) – 2026
- Xu Jiayin (Evergrande Group) – 2027
- Jack Ma (Alibaba) – 2030
- Ma Huateng (Tencent) – 2033
- Mukesh Ambani (Reliance Industries Limited) – 2033
- Bernard Arnault (LVMH) – 2033
- Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) – 2036
- Steve Ballmer (Los Angeles Clippers) – 2040
- Michael Dell (Dell) – 2043
- Larry Page (Google) – 2051
- Sergey Brin (Alphabet Inc) – 2051
For those who were surprised by the absence of Bill Gates, the second richest man in the world, the consultancy left him out because of his philanthropic actions. According to estimates, he would have donated 25% of his fortune in recent years.