TikTok users are going viral with their videos trying out the “Face Age” filter, which claims to tell you how old you look. Here’s everything you need to know about how to use it.
The TikTok video platform has become famous, in particular, thanks to a huge set of various filters and effects available to users around the world.
Many of these effects eventually trigger viral trends that take over the platform and attract thousands of people to participate.
The latest effect that has gained popularity in the application is the Face Age filter. As the name suggests, the face age filter tells people how old they look, but naturally the answer is not always accurate, which leads to some funny results.
Kim Kardashian decided to try out the effect on the kimandnorth account, and as a result, the filter informed her that the age of her face was 11 years old.
How to get a Face Age Filter on TikTok
The Face Age filter is available directly from the TikTok app, so if you want to try it yourself, here’s how:
- Open TikTok.
- Click on the plus button at the bottom to open the camera.
- Click “Effects” in the lower left corner.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon and search for “Face Age”.
- Click on the camera button next to the filter of the same name.
- Tap “Record” and hold the camera up to your face, waiting for the effect to determine your Face Age.
Users have gone viral with their videos, reacting to the result that the filter gives them, whether it’s because it’s ridiculously wrong or pretty accurate.