How to hide friend list on Facebook? We explained step by step for web and mobile devices. Here are the details…
After you become a member of Facebook, your Facebook profile information, posts and friends are visible to everyone. This is especially helpful for new enrollees to find mutual friends.
However, for various reasons, you may prefer to keep your friend list private. Facebook has developed updates to hide a lot of information so that its users can create a private space. In this article, we have presented you the methods of hiding friends list on Facebook.
What is a Facebook friend list?
Friend requests sent or accepted via Facebook are added directly to the friend list. Your friends and every user you interact with on Facebook are on this list. This friend list remains public unless the account owner changes it.
This means that the people on your friends list can be reached by everyone. It is possible to hide this friend list or make it available only to certain people, according to the preferences of the people.
Hide Facebook friend list on the web
- First, enter the Facebook page through the browser.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Select the option that says “Settings and privacy” in the drop-down list.
- Then click on “Settings”.
- Select “Privacy” on the left side of the screen.
- Then, by scrolling down the page, “How can people find you and contact you?” “Who can see your friend list?” Click “Edit” next to the option.
- You can choose the option you want by ticking the “Public” section.
Hide Facebook friend list on mobile
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner. This mark is located in the lower right corner of the screen on iPhone.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy”.
- Choose “Settings” from the options that appear.
- Then, under the “Audience and visibility” option, “How can people find you and how can they communicate with you?” Tap .
- As a result, “Who can see your friend list?” You can edit the part.
Is it possible to hide friend list to some friends on Facebook?
You cannot prevent certain people from appearing in your friends list on Facebook. But you don’t have to share your friend list with everyone.
For this, you can choose the “Specific friends” option from the steps we have shown. Thanks to this option, it is possible to allow the people you have selected to see your friend list.