Riot Games has announced that it will hold the 2020 League of Legends World Championship event in Shanghai from September 25 to October 31, although many esports tournaments held this year have been delayed or canceled due to a coronavirus pandemic.
Finals will be held at Pudong Football Stadium. The company noted that the event will be held in one place instead of several different places, so that they can control the event environment more closely.
According to the plans currently made, it is considered that there is no audience in the first stages of the tournament. The company says it will decide whether to allow the audience for the finals or not, depending on the directives of the local authorities. If it is decided to take the audience, details about the tickets and security measures will be announced by the end of the summer.
“We continue to take advantage of the guidance of various health institutions, local and national authorities to prioritize security for our players, fans, and anyone involved in implementing Worlds 2020,” Riot Games said in a statement on the subject. used the expression.
Sports leagues and tournaments started all over the world with various measures taken. Events such as Formula 1 are also being held in line with the reorganized calendars and now without audience. There are also reports that the Kovid-19 tests of the athletes are positive, and actions are taken in accordance with the previously determined measures regarding these athletes.
Riot has not announced what measures to take to protect players during the 2020 League of Legends World Championship. In the past February, the Chinese League of Legends Pro League has changed the format due to the coronavirus epidemic to rise and online matches were being held.
Game tournaments or events such as Overwatch, League of Legends, PUBG, Dota 2, Counter-Strike were either suspended or canceled last spring, with the outbreak worldwide.