The weekend is almost here, and the main topics for LFC discussion include progress with the new grandstand at Anfield Road, as well as preparations for today’s women’s derby at Goodison.
The first seats are installed on the new Anfield Road grandstand
The expansion of the Anfield Road End continues to gain momentum, and the first seats have already been installed on the new grandstand.
This is the last milestone before its opening before the next season, when a group of elementary school students from Enfield were honored to be the first to see new places.
Fortunately, it seems that there is enough legroom and the view will certainly improve after removing the roof on the existing grandstand!
The new stand will add 7,000 additional seats, although the distribution of these tickets has caused many disappointments, as the number of seats for guests has increased compared to the original plans.
The build-up of the Goodison and Alonso derby is causing a furore
Gemma Bonner called today’s Merseyside derby at Goodison Stadium “a huge honor.”
It is reported that Erling Haaland is ready to return to the Liverpool game, but we still expect him to be in the starting lineup!
Xabi Alonso inflicted the final defeat on Bayern Munich’s Julian Nagelsmann, and the German team fired their coach.
- Jordan Henderson was unable to train fully with the England national team, as he continues to struggle with the disease.
- Virgil van Dijk insists that chicken curry was not the cause of the illness that caused Cody Gakpo to be sent home early from work – never thought you’d read this, right?!
- Conor Bradley was praised after the full 90 minutes when Northern Ireland defeated San Marino 2-0 and Diogo Hota was not used.
- Everton have been referred to an independent commission by the Premier League in connection with an alleged breach of profitability and sustainability rules last season, which doesn’t sound too good for the Blues!
- Thomas Tuchel replaced the outgoing Nagelsmann as coach of Bayern Munich — this means that Sadio Mane has a new coach (Bayern Munich).
- Harry Kane overtook Wayne Rooney and became England’s top scorer with a penalty in a 2-1 victory over Italy (Sky Sports).
Tweet of the day and match of the evening
This is pure art.
— Jonny Sharples (@JonnyGabriel) March 23, 2023
Today’s big game is, of course, a duel at Goodison Park between Everton and Liverpool women! The full broadcast of Sky Sports Football and the Main Event can be viewed from 19:00 (GMT).
Get similar news bulletins about Liverpool Football Club every evening!
Informative and ironic review of the events of the day in LFC and the football world in general.